Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

ML

October 23rd, 2009 16:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 with Dell Wireless 1515 with Server 2008

I had to change the operating system from Vista to Windows Server 2008.

Now it's impossible for me to install the wireless networkcontroller (Dell Wireless 1515 (11 agn) WLAN half mini-Card (Atheros).

No driver is working.

Does someone has a tip?

Regards

Matthias

43 Posts

October 28th, 2009 06:00

Matthias Limburg - Jeff here

When you say "Now it's impossible for me to install the wireless networkcontroller (Dell Wireless 1515 (11 agn) WLAN half mini-Card (Atheros)..

What error message are you getting, specifically, if any. 

Did you try removing the device & software drivers, and reinstalling all from scratch?

Please give me as many details as you can. I'll try to help. I need more info.

Jeff

October 28th, 2009 09:00

Hi Jeff,

the main problem was, that the notbook Inspiron 1545 didn't came with the correct drivers on the driver CD. Will say, the Inspiron 1545 is working with a Dell Wireless 1397 card. Because of this the driver couldn't work.

I installed the driver for the Dell Wireless 1397 card and it is working.

The problem is, that I can't install the program regarding the driver, there I get errror-messages.

Further on, I can't test the driver for the Dell Wireless 1397 card itself, because I have here no wireless net.

Hope it'll work if it'll be necessary to work with a wireless net.

If I'm looking at the networkconnection symbols, it says, that the card is deactivatet. Lookking at the properties of the driver it says the card is activatet. There I can activate and deactivate the card as I like but not in the area of the networkconnection symbols.

I hope that the network will be activatet automaticly if the Inspiron 1545 cames in the area of a wireless net. Otherwise I still have a problem with the networkadapter.

Regards

Matthias

No Events found!