Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2015 10:00

Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 - Can't enable bluetooth

Hi,

I've been the owner of a Dell Inspiron 15R SE (7520) for two years and I'm happy about it. The only thing that has never worked from day 1 is bluetooth. It's behaving as if it was disabled in BIOS or using media keys: none of my OS are able to detect it (neither Windows, even in the device manager, nor Ubuntu, Debian, Arch Linux or any Linux distribution). I've been digging a lot in BIOS options, playing with media keys (especially the "wireless" one), searching for drivers on Dell Website, but nothing help. Everything behaves as if I never had any Bluetooth Card in my computer (I double checked on my bill and a BT chip is mentionned).

All my drivers are up to date, including my BIOS (A11). I've seen on Dell website two different bluetooth drivers for my computer. The first one is this one (Network_Driver_N80VN_WN32_10.0.0.0_A00.EXE) and contains a WiFi driver also. It refuses to install providing this log. The second one is for bluetooth only and is this one (Network_Driver_0DMHW_WN32_12.0.1.690_A00.EXE). It asks me to activate bluetooth using my "wireless comuter" (see this picture). Obviously, it doesn't work. When I cancel, it outputs this log.

Do you have any idea to make my bluetooth work? Am I misunderstanding anything? Thank you!

Nils

No Responses!
No Events found!