Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2015 13:00

Dell Latitude E6420 WWAN Card

Hi all

I wonder if someone can help me, I have just purchased a second hand Dell Latitude E6420, and I would like to put in a WWAN card to allow me to insert a SIM card, and use mobile broadband without a separate USB router.

I have looked online and there are a quite a few Ericsson WWAN cards available, but I'm not sure which one is the correct one - unfortunately Dell online parts doesn't really tell me much.

My service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

The WWAN cards I have found 2XGNJ, 9YTNR, 1F9JR

I have also seen Ericsson DW5550 being discussed in forums, but again not sure which one I'll need.

Can someone advise on which one is the right one?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

1.8K Posts

October 12th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

The 2XGNJ and 9YTNR are two different versions of the Ericcson produced Dell 5550 card, the 1F9JR is the Ericcson version of the Dell 6320 card.  I don't know that the 1F9JR will work in that system, as it's not listed as one of the cards listed as originally available with the E6420.  (It is not listed with the E6420 ATG either though, but I believe it works with that system, so it may very well work with the normal E6420.)

I think either of the first two part numbers you listed would work with what you want to do.  

Todd

No Events found!