Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2005 18:00

Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card

greetings... I have a Dell Latitude D400, and according to my system, I have the following WLAN:
Name [00000014] Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Adapter Type Not Available
Product Type Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card
Installed Yes

----- Question, can someone tell me how to verify that I do have this wireless card and is it a 802.11a; b; or g?  Also, is there any information about haw to set up and use this wireless feature? Although my system reports that I have this... I am not able to connect to "hot spots" and I am probably doing something wrong.:smileyindifferent:

4.4K Posts

April 12th, 2005 21:00

tn_dragon,

It's an 802.11 b/g card. Here are the specifications on the radio.

Regarding whether you have one or not: Does the device appear in the list of Network adapters in the Device Manager? Are there "unknown" or flagged devices listed in the Device Manager. If the TM1300, doesn't appear, the definative way to verify whether it's present is to look inside and see if it's there. On the D400, that requires removing the keyboard, according to the Service Manual.

What's causing you to doubt that the adapter is present? Did the system ship with the adapter installed, according to the invoice? If so, the operating system image placed on the hard drive by Dell would have included the drivers for the TM 1300.

You still might need to download the current drivers for the device. The most recent driver, available here, is v.3.100.35.1 / 3.100.41, A06, and is dated 15 March 2005. The documentation for it can be downloaded here.

Jim

No Events found!