Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2012 08:00

Dell U3011 30" connection problem

Hi everyone.

I have a short question. I just bought 3x Dell U3011 30" monitors and i have connected them to my computer via the DVI ports.

I wanted to use the Display ports but when i connect any of them to the Displayport on either of my graphic cards.

There are no connection. I have one nVidia Quadro 4000 and 1 Geforce GFX 590 both with many Display ports.

But i can't get any one of them to connect when using the Display port. I used the included display cable and just connected

one end to the monitor and the other end to the graphic card. Nothing ?

And when using DVI ports. Everything works. But i want to use the Display ports because the Quadro only have one DVI port

and i need to connect 2 monitors to the Quadro 4000 where right now i have 1 connected to the Quadro 4000 (DVI) and the

2 other monitors connected to the Geforce 590 (DVI) sucks :(

I can't figure out why they doesn't work with the Display cables/ports ???? I'm using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit in a totally new build

Workstation i7 Extreme CPU.

Please i need help ASAP to finish some work i have. I hope someone can help me here.

Thanks a lot everyone.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi MuggeGHQ,

First I’d advise that you check for the input source on all the monitors and set it to Display port, Check for the issue resolution.

Secondly I‘d advise that you to connect one monitor on DVI port and other monitors to display port and check if you are able to see the other monitors in ‘Screen resolution’ page on the computer. If the other monitors are detected in the ‘Screen resolution’ page please change the resolution and check if you are able to see the picture on the Display port connected monitors.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!