Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2010 09:00

Dell WWAN 5520 Card in XPS M1330 Notebook

Dear all,

I hope you can help with the following problem.  I have just installed Windows 7 onto my XPS M1330 notebook. Everything is working perfectly, except the mobile broadband.

I have installed the Dell Mobile Broadband Utility and drivers for the card from the Dell website as a number of sites suggest. However, I use T-mobile (UK) and have been able to get it to connect fine when set to "GPRS ONLY" but when on "Automatic" or "UMTS ONLY" it fails to connect at all. Occasionally, if on Automatic, it finds a UMTS signal and goes as far as "authenticating" before disconnecting, after which it will only connect if set to gprs only.

I know that the signal is good enough, as previously (under Vista) it worked fine, and I get a strong UMTS signal when the sim card is in my handset.

The driver version appears to be 3.0.0.4. I have seen mention elsewhere online of versions 3.0.0.8 and 3.0.1.0, and suspect that it is possible that the drivers need updating.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this problem is and, if it's the drivers, know where I can get hold of some up-to-date w7 ones?

Many thanks,

David

4.6K Posts

February 15th, 2010 10:00

Welcome to the forums David :emotion-21:

Is it the Windows 7 32bit drivers you downloaded/tried off the XPS M1330 'Drivers & Downloads' page?

I ask, because they won't work if it's a 64bit version of Windows 7 you're using?  You'll need to download/try the Vista 64bit drivers instead :emotion-55:

No Events found!