Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2017 13:00

Dell XPS 13 9360 Wifi disconnection and router AP crash Issues

I'm having basically the same issues.  I have the Archer C7 Ver2 router.  This is a dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz router with B/G/N on 2.4 GHz and N/AC on 5 GHz.  I have both bands running and being used by different clients.  One thing I noticed is when the XPS laptop is running on the 2.4 GHz network it will crash the network frequently, generally based on data bandwidth I'm using.  When the XPS laptop is running on the 5 GHZ network I've yet to see a crash after several hours of streaming HD video.  I switched back to the 2.4 GHz network and withing 2 to 3 minutes it crashed the network.  Not even streaming video.  Now back on the 5 GHz network and system is still running without issue.  I've only had the laptop for 2 days.  Love the HW but maybe I should send it back if Dell is not going to fix it.

532 Posts

February 21st, 2017 12:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

Private message the service tag of the system, so that we can check for more information. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

Are the wireless drivers updated for the system? If not, please update the same from our support site.

When you say the network crashes, what happens exactly?

No Events found!