Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2013 11:00

Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook won't connect to Network

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook and am at the stage where I want to connect to a Wifi Network to get internet. The Network comes up as full strength in the list, yet when I try to connect to it, I am simply told that the computer is taking longer than usual to connect to the network and the connection fails. The problem is not with the wireless router as it functions fine with other devices. What can I do to solve this problem?

1.5K Posts

July 10th, 2013 12:00

Hi AJMCM,

You may perform the power cycle. Please follow the steps below:

• Shut down the computer.
  • Switch off the router followed by the modem and also unplug their power cables.
  • Wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the power cords back into the modem and the router but don’t switch them on yet.
  • First turn on your modem and wait for it to initialize (let the lights become stable).
  • Then switch on the router and let the blinking lights stabilize.
  • Now turn on your computer connected to the network. You should now be able to access the Internet.

You may delete all the existing network profiles and create a fresh profile. Please refer to the link: http://bit.ly/18b0xSO.

You may run ‘Windows Network Troubleshooter’ by right clicking on the wireless icon at the bottom right hand corner on the desktop screen and click ‘Troubleshoot Problems’.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!