Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

October 11th, 2018 16:00

Dell XPS 15 (9550) Wireless 1830 issues - Windows 10 1809

Hi, After upgrading to Windows 10 1809, my network connection (Dell Wireless 1830) was crippled to 2Mbps and unreliable. Hyper-V switch was configured to share this with host system. After changing Hyper-V to internal only and releasing the WiFi adapter speeds returned to normal. I have sent this feedback to Microsoft to investigate, however, while speeds are OK (i.e. internet test shows I can get 100Mbps) when the Wi-Fi adaptor is not configured to be shared with a Hyper-V switch, I cannot use the Xbox app to stream. Connection keeps dropping. Turning off Bluetooth seemed to help a little bit more but there are still issues. Using Windows 10 1809 natively (Bootcamp) on MacBook Pro 13 mid 2014 (uses a Broadcom Wi-Fi chip) works without a problem. While there have been some major changes to the network stack in Windows, Dell has not really issued more recent driver / firmware updates for Wi-Fi / Bluetooth (12 months ago for Wi-Fi and 2 years ago for Bluetooth). This seems to be a compatibility issue. Can Dell please investivate this issue! I have all the latest firmware / drivers / BIOS updates applied. I have also uninstalled / re-installed drivers for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth which has not changed anything. Thanks

2 Posts

October 31st, 2018 21:00

Hello? Can anyone from Dell respond please and provide an update!

1 Message

July 31st, 2019 06:00

I have the exact same problem. On Ubuntu no issues, but now with Windows 10, major issues with Wifi on my XPS 9550. I ordered the Intel 9260 card, I'll install it myself and see if it works. Always supported Dell, but for my business we'll have to order something else, I can't have my people replace network cards after buying a so-called "premium" brand.... Never again

10 Posts

August 18th, 2019 04:00

The green screens and memory dump analyze details point toward poor and incompatible drivers causing issues. (all kind of memory errors, IRQ less or equal errors etc.)

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l

No Events found!