Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2016 02:00

Dell XPS 9360 not registered on website

Hi there, I am having slight problems with the new laptop I purchased on Thursday 8.12.2016. Basically, it has not yet been registered on dell's system, meaning my manufacturer warranty is not active. I have tried to check the warranty status of the laptop so many times on the website but whenever I enter the service tag I get the following message: "There's no match for that Service Tag, Express Service code, or Serial Number. Please try again or browse for your product. New devices may need 48 hours to register on our site." Additionally, I have called dell's support team, and they said that without my machine being registered, they cannot do much, and I should keep on waiting. As you may notice the 48 hours have passed. I really don't understand how this whole registration works without me doing anything, so I will be really thankful if you could help me out.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 12th, 2016 09:00

Hi wildxstorm,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your new computer is not registered in the system yet.  Did you purchase directly from Dell or a reseller? Sometimes the registration takes a few weeks. If you would like me to look into this, please contact me privately.  Thanks.

9 Posts

December 18th, 2016 02:00

Hi again, It has been 10 days since I bought the laptop, and i still have no warranty information. What is the most appropriate thing to do?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 19th, 2016 08:00

Since this purchase was from outside the USA, you will need to contact either the reseller that sold it to you or Customer Service in your country.  Thanks.

No Events found!