Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2010 12:00

Dell broadband card 5720 for Sprint window -dmbcu.exe -starts, then disapears after 3-4 seconds

I have been trying to sort with both Dell and Sprint.

Dell's customer support is...hmmm.. Dell's. Answers in a good Indian English - "your warranty experied two months ago, buy a new one" are very helpful.

I have even written to Mr. Dell himself and been promised some help...no luck yet.

My problem is when I start the application - dmbcu.exe - it starts for a few seconds, then disapears completely, the program closes itself. I tried reinstalling drivers, ran self diagnostics - no help, even the diagnostics shows that everything is fine.

I will go to Sprint and pay a cancellation fee. Guess what will be my new laptop? Not Dell. I have already 3 of those at home, each one with a problem.

Can anyone help, please?

4 Posts

August 6th, 2010 22:00

I have the same DMBCU problem ... it appeared after a Windows update in Vista and I've not yet been able to get it to work with the "appropriate" software. Until the calls to dmbcu are cleared up with the memory problem, those of us who have updated their software/OS will not be able to make this work.

November 28th, 2010 19:00

I have the same DMBCU problem ... it appeared after a Windows update in Vista and I've not yet been able to get it to work with the "appropriate" software. Until the calls to dmbcu are cleared up with the memory problem, those of us who have updated their software/OS will not be able to make this work.

I understand this part, It is just the solution for my problem, It's very detailed, Many thanks to your description!
No Events found!