Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2009 00:00

Dell studio 540 won't connect to dell 968w AIO am confused???

Okay recently bought a new mini studio tower from here thinking it would go great with the 968w AIO printer. Right? boy I am wrong there.  here is what the studio is running right now. Vista home Premium, Intel Core Duo Quad, 6 gigs of ram, plenty of HD space.

okay befor I get to the problem. I've done all my updates for Vista,  I've downloaded the new install program for the dell 968w printer, new firmware updates..

Okay now the problem I run the install program for the 968w AIO printer, everything goes fine till I hit the specs page for the program. According to the specs ( forgive I didn't write the whole number out ) but my processor speed isn't high enough to pass.  specs page says Processor speed is 49525 and so on... Program says I need and 800 mghz processor to continue?  Hmmm thought core duo Quad were higher then a single processor speed am I wrong on thought?

Well anyways I can't install the printer program till I get a solution for it... SO any help would much appreciated...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2009 22:00

NightFirer90,

Read THIS THREAD by zippy99 and correct your incorrect processor speed and then if you need help installing the printer, please post back.

Rick

No Events found!