Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2012 06:00

Dell wireless 5540 mobile broadband utility installation.

I have just ordered a Dell Wireless 5540 Utility. I would like instructions as to how I am to insert the card without voiding the warranty.

904 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 13:00

Hi Dexter,

For starters could you please tell us which system do you want to install this on ?

February 24th, 2012 00:00

I own a l501x XPS 15

904 Posts

February 24th, 2012 04:00

Go through this article carefully.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

This will help you install the wireless utility. Yours would be a WWAN card.

February 24th, 2012 06:00

I already have the manuals and the safety instructions. I am sorry, I should have phrased my question better.

I am capable of installing the card myself as I am a Computer Science Engineering student. My query is that will my warranty be void if I setup the card myself? I am no talking about damage that I do to the computer but just the act of opening the back panel and inserting the card. And if it will, then do I have to ask a dell technician to insert it for me?

3 Posts

March 11th, 2012 08:00

If u are capable of installing it in your system than you can try it to install in your system.

you do not need to be contact Dell technician, as long u do not have any problem.

However, if any Damage occurs to your system because of installation of WWAN card, dell would not be responsible for it.

Otherwise your warranty does not void.

ARE U IN INDIA ?

Could u please tell me where did you buy this WWAN card kit. I too know how to install it but i don't know where can i get it.

for any information mail me at: <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!