Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2009 01:00

Dell wireless bluetooth 370 and bluetooth stereo headphones problem

I have problem with using my dell studio 1537 with platronics pulsar 260 bluetooth stereo headphones. After some time listening music bluetooth just disappearing from system, bluetooth indicator is on and not reacting for wireless switch. My OS is Win7x64, mini-card driver 6.2.0.9000, bt audio driver 6.2.0.9500. With other bluetooth functions, such as bt mouse or pda sync, i have no problems.

2 Posts

January 12th, 2010 13:00

I see the exact same problem on my Lattitude E6400, which is installed with windows 7 32-bit.

Minicard driver is 6.2.0.9000

I too only experience the problem with the bluetooth stereo headset. Mine is a Plantronics Pulsar 590.

10 Posts

April 13th, 2010 06:00

I have had this same issue with numerous E6400's and E6500 since their release.  My last E6400 I have had for 4 months and did not have a single drop until recently. 

12 Posts

April 14th, 2010 02:00

Look at my "Bluetooth 365/370 modules failing-multiple platform.." post. This is not an isolated incident,the 370 and 365 modules are failing on multiple platforms with the AD2P profile. Either Dell did not test out the Broadcom cards sufficiently before offering them,or they are knowingly selling defective equipment.

2 Posts

April 16th, 2010 04:00

I tried to find the causes of failure and came to the conclusion that the problem is in overheating of the bluetooth controller. I decided to install a small heatsink. After that, several times I checked the work during several hours and failures were not observed.

12 Posts

April 16th, 2010 04:00

From your work, the issue then becomes one of an engineering fault,which Dell needs to address.

12 Posts

April 17th, 2010 07:00

If you don't mind telling,how exactly did you install a heat-sink ?

1 Message

May 9th, 2010 12:00

i baught a bluetooth audio reciever fot my stereo since the audio cables kept breaking every other month. and then the f’in 370 mini card started playing with my nerves, after 2 complete windows reinstalls i found this solution: (the problem was that the driver install dosnt update the device firmware automatically)

1.complete power down. then restart
2.uninstalled every bluetooth device
3.then uninstalled driver from device manager then widcomm from programs/services and windows bluetooth drivers
4.complete power down, restart
5.downloaded the newest available driver from dell /actually i have a studio xps 13 but downloaded the studio xps 16 driver since it has the same 370 mini card but had newer drivers. weird huh?
6.started install and quit right after it extracted to c:\dell\drivers\R235898
7.browsed to C:\dell\drivers\R235898\R235898\Win64\svcpack and ran SetupBluetoothDFU.exe as ADMINISTRATOR
8.the dfu update started had to browse for the firmware /LR.dfu/ which in the exact same directory
9. After it completed i went to C:\dell\drivers\R235898\R235898\Win64 and ran setup as ADMINISTRATOR
10. complete shutdown, restart
11. everything working, but the music quality is barely tolerable.

been working for nearly a week now. no drops but can't find a way to increase quality. i tried the reciver with my phone and a few laptops and it works like a charm execpt with my own computer.... help if you can please

system:
Windows 7 x64
studio xps 13
dell 370 mini bluetooth card

13 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 10:00

Dell would not accept that 365 and 370 bluetooth modules are faulty.

They sent me a new one, but same problem. A2DP drops and BT disappears from system.

If am lucky it re-appears after a sleep/wake or restart.

Tried firmware update.. stays connected a lil longer but drops again.

Asked if they could send me another model BT (like PCI card).. but said no.

They want me to buy a USB dongle!!!! How clever.

Way to go Dell.. your customers are rotting in Hell.. If u neglect, one day u too will.

Botika, try removing headset service under plantronics properties.. so that only stereo headset kicks in.

4 Posts

September 11th, 2011 19:00

I was having this same problem on my system, E6400 running windows 7 x64. I think I have found the solution. I unchecked the option "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the power management tab of the properties windows for the dell wireless 370 bluetooth minicard. After that I have had a much more reliable connection. Though I've only tested this solution for about a day now.

As a side note I would like to add that I really doubt this is an issue of overheating since for me the card worked OK under 32 bit windows 7. It was a little unreliable under 32 bit, but once you got a headset to actually connect it worked with no interruption. Just the initial connection was a pain. I beleive the cause to be buggy 64 bit drivers.

4 Posts

December 8th, 2011 19:00

There is no solution to the bluetooth driver stereo headphone problem.  But Dell won't admit it or even try to solve it.  I called and Dell had me download another driver with wireless and BT.  Before that my system would at least recognize the headphones.  After the new driver, my system won't find any BT devices at all.  I called Dell back and they put me through to paid support.  Hell of a scam.  They break my system and force my to pay them to work on the problem they created.  I told the tech I knew it was a blackmail scam and he hung up on me.

3 Posts

December 16th, 2011 12:00

I was also having this problem, but turning off the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option seems to have solved it.

3 Posts

December 16th, 2011 13:00

Scratch that, just takes longer for it to turn off now.

3 Posts

December 21st, 2011 10:00

Control Panel > Device Manager > Bluetooth Radios > Dell Wireless 370 Mini-card > Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

8 Posts

December 21st, 2011 10:00

Hello. Where do you find this option in your computer, I can't find it in mine. Thanks

8 Posts

December 21st, 2011 11:00

..and maybe do you know - is possibility to install driver a2dp for this bluetooth?

No Events found!