Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2011 00:00

Dell xps internet cable

hi i need help. i have a dell xps system desktop and my video card went out. i just bought a new one and put it in.before i put it in my internet connection worked fine.right after i turned it on it wont work at all i tried checking the cable its fine. the light turns red/orange when i plug it in. i tried resetting the modem.any other ideas?please help.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 1st, 2011 09:00

fvega74,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

It could have came out of the slot a little bit and is not getting a good connection when you added the video card. Try reseating the network card back into the slot.

8 Posts

August 1st, 2011 09:00

what do you mean try reseating the network card in the slot? 

• 

16.7K Posts

August 1st, 2011 11:00

fvega,

Which XPS system do you have? Is the network card built onto the motherboard or not? If it is a card that fits into  a slot like your video card try reseatting it. If it is built onto the motherboard we need to look at something else.

8 Posts

August 1st, 2011 11:00

im sorry i know nothing about comp. where would it says what kind of xps?let me see. one sec..does xps 720 make sense?

8 Posts

August 1st, 2011 12:00

ok i was able to check why it is working i just dont know what to do. it says windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31)

• 

16.7K Posts

August 2nd, 2011 08:00

fvega74,

Which driver are you trying to load?  This error means a driver error.

8 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 10:00

i am not sure. i just went to the network area of my comp and thats the code it says why it cant hook up tot he network

No Events found!