Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 23rd, 2004 05:00

Digital Line Detected (PBX) : Please verify that your phone line from your computer is directly connected to a standard analog modem or fax line.

Every now and then we get the following error pop up message on our Dell Latitude D600 computers:

"Digital Line Detected (PBX) : Please verify that your phone line from your computer is directly connected to a standard analog modem or fax line."

This happends when there is no phone line connected to the modem, and no attempts to use the modem is made.

I get the error almost every time, when I return to my computer, and unlock the screensaver.

We have XP Pro version and the modem is a "Conexant D480 MDC V.9x Modem".

Any ideas why this happends?

1 Message

November 23rd, 2004 12:00

I know that this is an old thread, but just in case nobody has found a fix, I thought I would add my 2 cents.

I encountered the same problem with a recently purchased Latitude D600.  I called Dell support, and they suggested dissabling the modem.  Since I would like to use the modem on occation, I decided to find my own solution.

Fix found:

I first updated the modem driver to the latest version (problem still persisted)

Through much searching on the Web, I finally found a link to an updated version of the Digital Line Detect application (right on Dell's site, if you can believe that?).

Once I installed this version of the app the problem went away permanently.

26 Posts

November 23rd, 2004 13:00

Thank you for providing this updated info. It's amazing to me that Dell has ignored this thread for so long given the numerous requests made within the threads asking Dell to respond and/or comment. This is especially amazing since the solution you offer is contained within Dell's own web pages. :smileysurprised: I have yet to try it, but I am hopeful it will work.

November 23rd, 2004 13:00

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  This thread has been going on forever with no resolution to this problem.  The fact that Dell did not post this update on this thread is pathetic.

Thanks again!

1 Message

January 4th, 2005 10:00

Thanks much for the link GoTo Guy. I recently got a D800 and have had the exact same problem. I installed the update yesterday and so far have not gotten the message again. Another issue I have had is when I have run modem helper it tells me my modem software needs to be reinstalled. My modem has always worked fine so I thought the issue was just the digital line detect. Has anyone else had this problem?

Randy Ayscue

No Events found!