Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2017 15:00

Do I need to pay for Dell's support

I had an Internet connection problem that I'm not sure was fully resolved. First I were transferred twice and after troubleshooting with the last agent for about 15 min the laptop was able to connect to the Internet. We allowed him remote access and once he got in, he said that he had told us that it was paid support. There was clearly some miscommunication because two of us earlier thought he had said it was update support but we were not asked for payment information at the time. We were not told how much it was going to cost at the time. After I declined to provide credit card information indicating that it was not made clear that we were suppose to pay, we completed the call without any further troubleshooting. We were left wondering if there was any other "software" issue that the agent was planning to address. We clearly are !not willing to pay $129 for support for a laptop that's less 3 months old and a contemplating returning it for a refund.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 17th, 2017 05:00

Hi andacha,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for the confusion surrounding your warranty.  If you would read the warranty information that came with your computer, you would see that it is a limited hardware warranty.  From what you described, once the determination was made that the hardware was functioning properly, it became a software issue and you were given the option of paying for the support or not.  Software support is only included free for the first 30 days of warranty.  http://dell.to/2ytWzdA

You may be covered under a different warranty if you purchased from a retailer and paid extra for the warranty service, in that case, you would have to speak to them to see what was included with your purchase.

Hope this information clarifies things for you.

No Events found!