Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2010 20:00

Error 651

I have a new just out of the box Dell Studio PC with Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Unable to install a Netgear router model DGN2000 using the enclosed installation cd or the netgear installation web site  www.routerlogin.com. All I get is error code 651 when the router tries to connect to my internet server (att.net) Have tried installing router manually and using the automatic settings. No luck with either. Netgear and ATT are no help. Got cut off while on the phone with Dell techs today. Anybody have a solution? 

19 Posts

September 15th, 2010 22:00

Wow made me work for this one.  Apparently this has been an issue and like normal micosoft is aware of it and is currently working on a solution in the meantime I went to many, many forums and they all tried a lot of stuff and none of it seemed to work...except this one from http://www.ehow.com/how_4815578_install-netgear-wireless-router-cd.html  he says to install it without using the cd to work around this issue, out of the billions and billions of forum threads I read this seems to be the only one that worked all the others said at the bottom that they tried what was suggested and is trying to contact att support...apparently with very little success which really isn't surprizing as they do acknowledge the issue and are currently working on a solution..sounds familar, eh?  Hope this works for your

Instructions

1. Manual Installation of the Netgear Wireless Router

2. 1

Turn off your computer and modem.

3. 2

Locate the Ethernet cord that runs from your modem to your computer. Unplug the end from your computer.

4. 3

Take the unplugged end and plug it into the Ethernet port on the back of the Netgear router.

5. 4

Plug the Ethernet cable that came with the router into the LAN 1 port on the back of the router. Plug the other end into the Ethernet port on the back of your PC, the same port you unplugged the Ethernet cable from in Step 2.

6. 5

Plug in the modem and turn the power on. Wait 2 minutes.

7. 6

Plug in the router. Wait another 2 minutes.

8. 7

Turn on your computer and check the lights on the front of the router. All four lights should be lit. If the third light is not lit, check the Ethernet connection from the router to the modem, making sure it is secure and the modem is turned on. If the fourth is not lit, check the Ethernet connection from the router to the PC, making sure the connection is secure and the computer is turned on.

Connecting to and Setting up the Router

9. 1

Open your Internet browser and type "www.routerlogin.net" into the address bar.

10. 2

A login window will open and ask for a username and password. Enter "admin" for username and "password" for the password. This is the default setting for Netgear. If it does not work, check the paperwork that came with the router.

11. 3

Once you connect to the router, a setup wizard will open. This setup wizard will walk you through the final process of configuring your router.

Read more: How to Install a Netgear Wireless Router Without the CD | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4815578_install-netgear-wireless-router-cd.html#ixzz0zf7Nprfk

3 Posts

August 15th, 2017 09:00

you can follow below tutorial.

8 methods to Fix error 651 easily

February 22nd, 2018 16:00

Error 651 occurs in windows operating system because of some network problem and specially when we try to establish internet connection using PPPoE connections or another related issue

apk Mod
facebook apk
spotify apk premium

1 Message

May 22nd, 2018 23:00

You refer to the sites below.

Website

June 14th, 2018 16:00

Have you tried checking if it's a WiFi Related issue?

1 Message

June 19th, 2018 22:00

You can check the process of snes emulator here.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2018 01:00

To work around this issue, follow these steps:
Press the Windows logo Key+R to open the Run box.
Type regedit in the Run box, and then press Enter.
Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\\Linkage
Note In this subkey, is a placeholder for a 4-digit number that represents the ISDN device.
Right-click UpperBind, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type NdiscoWan, and then click OK.
Exit Registry Editor.

June 27th, 2018 07:00

Just follow these steps.

1 Message

July 19th, 2018 04:00

Are you talking about this one: 

Its amazing by the way!

1 Message

August 1st, 2018 07:00

I had also this error. I have overcome this error in a website:

http://techola.net/connection-failed-with-error-651/

2 Posts

September 27th, 2018 01:00

Hi CPO1982, I can understand the issue but In my opinion, sometimes it's not your router problem. You need to check out your Wireless Drivers also because I was also facing the same issue a few days back and I came to know that If Wireless Drivers are Expired or Ourofdate then by Updating the Drivers or by Reinstalling the Latest Drivers the problem will be sold.

So try to Reinstalling WiFi Drivers. The process is the same in all the Windows OS.

1 Message

October 8th, 2018 11:00

I got the same error on my samsung S8. I can play best android games on it! Can you guys help me?

Android IOS Mods
Android IOS Games Reviews

1 Message

January 3rd, 2019 05:00

I was also Facing this issue But After Reading above Article I have fixed this issue. Thanks to share Guy.

Also, check 

February 19th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for the awesome tips. Check out my blog post DNS Lookup Failed

March 11th, 2019 10:00

Its very simple to fix error 651

1. Reconnect a connecting device:- If you face the error again, then, first of all, reconnect your network connecting device, whether it is a router or any other connecting device
  2. Recreate a dial-up connection:- If you are not satisfied with reconnecting method and then you can recreate dial up connection. It also can fix the error.
  3. Set up a new PPPoE connection on your own windows:- You can try this method. You can set up a new PPoE connection on your device to fix the error 651.

You can find all the best and top solutions for Windows and Android here.

No Events found!