Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2010 04:00

Ethernet cable not detected-inspiron 1545

I have dell inspiron 1545 and i recently upgraded to windows 7 

Yesterday When I connected an Ethernet Cable it was not detected. From then nothing happens when i connect my ethernet cable.  Windows does not detect any errors in the network adapter and there seems to be no problem with the "Marvell" driver. My WiFi is working properly. I am not sure whether it is a hardware or software problem.

I tried restarting my computer several times and even in 'safe mode with networking' and
I tried System Restore and i also tried updating the driver but it didnt work.

Any suggestions?? :emotion-1:

2 Posts

March 5th, 2010 18:00

Hi, Have you found a solution to this issue. I have the exact same problem and have looked at many forums but cannot find a solution. I also notice that the light that usually falshes when the cable is inserted in laptop isn't working either. Be good to hear if you resolved it.

Thanks

March 6th, 2010 09:00

i dont exactly know how it started working again properly because i didnt use it for long time and last week when i connected, it worked properly..i think i reinstalled my drivers...........i still dont know if it is hardware or software problem as my laptop doesnt have any lights but urs surely has to be a hardware problem....

Hope this helps.... :emotion-2:

2 Posts

March 8th, 2010 05:00

Thanks for the response. I think I'll send it back to Dell for them to fix it.

6 Posts

November 19th, 2010 01:00

I have had the problem for a few months, still unresolved. I plug in ethernet cord and computer does not recognized it resulting in no internet connection. I have a Latitude D830 with a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller on Windows Vista. Unresolved please help!!!

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 11:00

I got the same problem with ethernet connectivity 4 months after my warranty expired on my Inspiron 1545. At first, I would have to fidget with the cord and jam it in a certain way to get connectivity, but slowly it became harder and harder until I lost all connectivity. Along with an ac adapter that my laptop no longer recognized, Dell diagnosed that I needed to pay $358 for a new motherboard. Worst computer experience of my life. Never buying Dell again.

No Events found!