Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 30th, 2007 15:00

Ethernet controller

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help me, with what may appear to be simple problem......

I have a Dell Dimension 5000 with an XP operating System, we've recently converted from an AOL modem to a netgear router, all was working fine until we had a powercut on Sunday, apparently the Ethernet Controller has been wiped, so I've been looking through the net to try and find one to download, and am having no luck, so thought I'd ask some people who probably know more then I do if they can help - that'd be you lot :smileyhappy:, I've no idea of the type of ethernet card we have, it came already installed, so whatever is standard for this PC.

I know i've never posted here before but your help would be greatly appreciated. :smileyhappy:
I'm off home at around 5pm, and have no internet access at home (obviously) but will check in tomorrow morning.

Many Thaks
Sam
x

1.8K Posts

October 30th, 2007 17:00

If you have the standard ethernet card installed, then it should be the Broadcom 440x 10/100 network controller, found here. You might need to power cycle your network after.
Network Power cycle steps:

1) Power everything off. (cable/DSL modem, router, computers, etc.)
2) Wait 5 minutes...
3) Power on cable/DSL modem, wait 1-2 minutes...
4) Power on router, wait an additional 1-2 minutes...
5) Power on remaining computers or components.
6) Check for network and Internet connection.

Good luck!
No Events found!