Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2017 14:00

Ethernet keeps dropping out

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 5570 (Windows 10 Home, 64-bit). But when I have a wired connection, it keeps dropping out (don't have this problem with a wireless connection) and reconnects in a second. 

I have tried the following fixes:

- netsh fix method

- Update the network adapter software (manually and automatically)

- Windows Update + BIOS Update

- Put the wire inside another port of my router

- Uncheck the "Allow to shutdown this hardware for energy saving"

Anyone got any other ideas what I could try to fix this? It's really problematic, because my VPN to work disconnects as well, every time.

My ethernet adapter is: Realtek PCIe FE family Controller

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 13th, 2017 04:00

Hi LorenzoL__14

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your new computer is not working as expected.  Here are some troubleshooting ideas you can try: http://dell.to/2zCYLAu  

If that's not working for you, or you need more troubleshooting, I would contact your internet provider and make sure everything is good there, check your modem and router, and if all that checks out,  and it's still not working correctly then give Tech Support a call.

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

May 10th, 2019 22:00

This problem is only with windows 7 pro, if windows 10 pro is installed no more drop out 

May 10th, 2019 22:00

its nothing to do with the internet coming in its the drivers for windows 7 supplied by dell 

May 13th, 2019 13:00

I just started have the same problem.  I have a Dell XPS 800 with Windows 7 Pro. I am hard wired using the same Ethernet Adapter as you, Realtek.  I lose connection at least once a day, sometimes twice.  Nothing works to get it back except to restart my computer.  When I check for driver updates it says everything is up to date.

June 3rd, 2019 12:00

I just started having the same issues after a motherboard replacement. Have you found a solution?

June 4th, 2019 06:00

After having this happen once every day, it suddenly stopped doing it.  I have no idea what was causing it. I did notice that my automatic updates for Windows was turned off and had not downloaded any updates since 2017. Every time I try to go in to check the settings it times out so I can't even change it to automatic.  Not sure if its related to the problem or not but I checked and downloaded drivers and that didn't seem to make a difference.

No Events found!