Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2013 13:00

Frustrating Bluetooth Problem

I have a Dell 15r se with 16GB (Corsair) / Windows 7 Ultimate latest service pack.  I use a bluetooth mouse (HP) and had been using a motorola droid bluetooth keyboard but left it when I moved.  I recently got a microsoft wedge keyboard.  Bluetooth on the 15 r doesn't see it at all ... but it's even stranger than that.

1.  The HP bluetooth mouse works but does not show up under the list of bluetooth devices (in fact no devices show up at all).

2.  I've tried removing bluetooth drives from Device Manager, uninstalling the bluetooth drives from uninstall programs and reinstalling everything.  Does not make a difference.  I have tried multiple driver versions.

3.  I've tried removing bluetooth pairings from the registry and reinstalling bluetooth drivers.  Did not help (other than disabling the bluetooth mouse).  I used system restore to roll back from this.

4.  I've tried turning off the firewall.  Setting wifi network to home network.

To recap, I have a bluetooth mouse that works (but which does not show up under bluetooth devices) and a microsoft bluetooth keyboard that the laptop does not see (the keyboard pairs with my phone - so I don't think that the keyboard is a problem).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

35 Posts

May 28th, 2014 16:00

I am having Bluetooth problems on my new (1 week old) Inspirion 17R. This is a common problem with the Intel N 7260 wireless. I have escalated this to DELL support and they are "aware of the problem" and "are working on it" Difficult to pair ANY BT Mouse. If and when it does pair It will quit working or just disappear. Google on "Intel N 7260 issues". You will fine that Intel is also working on it. All laptops seem to be having problems with it. Their newest driver did NOT help. The new Bluetooth software caused the device to be cme "unknown". Impossible then to install the original DELL software as a newer version is installed. Be careful and have a backup before trying to fix it with new drivers and software. You can end up reinstalling everything!
No Events found!