Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2014 01:00

Generally is Bluetooth adaptor on Dell inspiron 14r-5437

Some web pages I have through begin to make me wonder if my laptop actually came with a Bluetooth adaptor or there for the buyer to use external adaptor

After installing windows 8.1 Pro I installed the several driver needed and that's when I noticed the Bluetooth isn't working and I also noticed that some drivers are missing and when I tried installing it say " Activate Bluetooth using wireless switch " and that's when I started reading webpages concerning this problem and some pages makes me think if the dell inspiron14r-5437 generally comes with Bluetooth adaptor or some don't and if it's general how can I fix this?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 4th, 2014 08:00

gab4cha,

Go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag, click on original configuration.

Look and see if you have the Bluetooth adapter listed. Also look and tell me which wireless adapter is installed.

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

5 Posts

February 4th, 2014 13:00

No blue tooth is listed also with the " My Dell software " I see the laptop is having generic Bluetooth adaptor. And I don't even know a generic Bluetooth adaptor means my system  has a Bluetooth or not

1 Message

July 23rd, 2014 09:00

I do have same problem with you. In my Inspiron 5437 says it is having no problem with bluetooth driver.

But until now I can't tranfer file via bluetooth

No Events found!