Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2009 17:00

HOW CAN I INSTALL ADOBE FLASH PLAYER???

I just got a studio 17 laptop and i finally got wireless but i can't watch videos (youtube etc) b/c i need to install the adobe flash player...only problem is; it says it doesn't support 64-bit & i have to change it to 32-bit....when i checked to switch it under control panel>personalization>display settings, i did have 32-bit but its still not working!! its driving me crazyyy!!!! help anyone?

1 Message

January 20th, 2009 08:00

Had the same problem.  Now fixed.  Go to Start, then Programs.  Look for Internet explorer.  You should have two options.  Click on the one that doesn't say 64.  That should enable your 32 bit browser.  Then go to Adobe and download Flash.  Worked for me.  I also pulled the Explorer icon to my desktop for easy use.

4.6K Posts

January 19th, 2009 18:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

I have a different laptop, admittedly, but we have the same OS, and I have no problems watching videos on YouTube?

Have you tried reinstalling Adobe Flash Player 10?

2 Posts

January 20th, 2009 12:00

oh wow! haha thank you so much!

4.6K Posts

January 21st, 2009 14:00

oh wow! haha thank you so much!

I take that to mean jfaith4's advice fixed the problem?

If that's the case, mark the thread as 'solved', and highlight jfaith4's post as the one which provided the solution - for the benefit of anyone with a similar problem in the future, who happens upon this thread :emotion-5:

5 Posts

March 30th, 2009 15:00

hi...

Easy way to find the Internet Explorer 32 bit is to just click on START and type: INTERNET in Start search box and that will show you all the Internet Explorer links available in your computer.

For the 32 bit Internet Explorer click on Internet Explorer.

For the 64 bit Internet Explorer click on Internet Explorer (64 bit).

I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer 32 bit only in Vista 64 bit version, because there is no Adobe flash player available that could work on Vista 64 bit Internet Explorer 64 bit.

No Events found!