Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2009 08:00

Have to turn on Wireless Zero Configuration Manually Every time, I set it to run automatically, never does

Every time I start my computer (I have a Dell Inspiron E1505), or even log off, I have to go to start/run/services.msc and turn on Wireless Zero Config manually. Then I have to right click on my wireless connections, go into the options, click the box that allows windows to configure my wireless connections automatically, then go find my specific connection and connect to it. It's an incredible pain to have to go through this process every time and I've had this issue once before and I fixed it based on a detailed (step-by-step for dummies :emotion-1: post I found, it was due to multiple wireless utilities (I have a linksys router). Of course I didnt save the post as a "favorite" on how to fix it because I thought I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. However, we took the computer out of the house and had to search for a different network... when we brought it back home... it started the problem all over again. I cant remember what I did the last time and have no idea what utility to look for to disable?? And I would just like my computer to automatically connect to my network every time I restart again. I have the connection set to connect automatically under the settings, but never does.

Thanks for your help with my trivial, yet painfully annoying issue.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2009 22:00

right click on the system icon on the task bar ( it is the one with turns green when you connect to internet),then click "open utility" then the new window will be open click the tab "wireless networks", un-check " let this tool manage yor wireless network". hopfully it will work for you

288 Posts

November 9th, 2009 04:00

You might also want to disable any other wireless utilities from starting by diabling them in the start up folder. Go start>run>type in msconfig>start up tab>uncheck an wireless utilities found in here>apply>reboot....Good Luck.

No Events found!