Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2013 14:00

Hotspot Station Problem.

I turn on my laptop hotspot station so I can connect to wifi on my ipod touch and my ipod connects fine and my laptop says its connected as well but my ipod doesn't get internet.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 10th, 2014 13:00

Ajit,

It is my understanding that HotSpot Station is only on the factory image and not available for download. Using System Restore using the factory image, is the only way to get HotSpot Station on the system.

Since Windows offers may ways to share your wireless connection, try reading...

Set up a shared Internet connection using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

Rick

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi dcastrejon01,

I would suggest you to reinstall the wireless card driver on the system and check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the Wireless card driver from Network section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps.

August 25th, 2013 16:00

no it didn't work and now in hotspot station it says unknown instead of ipod like it use to.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 26th, 2013 23:00

Hi dcastrejon01,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the wireless card driver on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the wireless card.

1. Click on Start button.

2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

3.  Select the wireless card device and right click on it

4.  Now select properties.

5.  In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

6.  Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

7.   You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the wireless card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the wireless card driver from Network section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/ZaQuel

Please let me know if this helps.

September 3rd, 2013 17:00

Still doesn't work.

1 Message

October 6th, 2013 04:00

Hi there, I have the same problem.. My Hot spot WAS working. I was connected on ruter try WIFI and I was able to share it with hot spot. It was working until i connect USB antenna. Now my hot spot choose share interface by it self, and it doesn't share internet connection. I uninstall all drivers, restart my lap top, install again, but nothing's change.. Please help :(

1 Message

March 10th, 2014 12:00

Hi,

I wants to re-install Hot Spot station in my Laptop. Please share Hot Spot Station software link.

And also suggest any possible solution for this error "error in start the soft ap!"

Regards,

Ajit 

No Events found!