Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2010 09:00

How to deal with "windows cannot find the wireless network adapter?"

My husband and I each have a Dell Inspiron 1545 that came configured to connect to  work wirelessly. 

They have a CY256 Card, Network, Half Mini-Card 5100 with a Windows Vista operating system. We’re using a D link router with cable internet service.

Several days ago his wireless capabilities stopped working; “windows cannot find the wireless network adapter.”

What kinds of solutions should I be looking at?  Do I need a new wireless card or some other kind of hardware?

As luck would have it the warranty is expired and seeking professional technical assistance is not a viable option.

Chris

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 12th, 2010 10:00

Chris,

What do you see in the device manager, network?

Try running Finding System Information and at the bottom, it will give you your network devices. What to you see?

Rick

October 22nd, 2010 17:00

Chris,

What do you see in the device manager, network?

Try running Finding System Information and at the bottom, it will give you your network devices. What to you see?

Rick

It seems that it cannot solve my problem, Anybody can answer it?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 24th, 2010 12:00

Wendy.Green,

What is your problem?

Please state the make and model of your computer and operating system. 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also please tell us the network adapters and what your problem is. Please make a new thread in the Dell Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum

Thanks,

Rick

No Events found!