Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2012 16:00

I could not able to find Network adaptor and also not able to install any network drivers. Dell XPS core i7

Hi ALL, 

I am using Dell XPS core i  with windows 7. I have never installed any OS other than original windows 7 which i got with my laptop. My wireless adaptor and connectivity was working fine. I re-installed windows 7 , after that , when i am trying to install network drives from the original CD, i could not able to install any of the drives and getting error either Network adaptor not found or hardware not compatible. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if anybody know the solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 1st, 2012 18:00

lokeshgadad,

The desktop/notebook system utility(if applicable) and the chipset drivers need installed first or the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with installing the drivers in the correct order and things should start working.

Rick

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 04:00

Hi lokeshgadad,

Welcome to the Community,

And also do you know which wireless card your system has? If you are not able to figure out,private message me your system service tag number and i will help you get the right driver for wireless card.

Also can you take screen shot of the Device manager and post it here.

To private message accept my friend request,click on my user name and click start conversation.

Thank You

Roshan.

1 Message

January 28th, 2014 06:00

Network adaptor disappeared from the Device manager some time ago. Then reappeared after repeat restarts and worked some time (months). Lost it again yesterday, came back after a restart and then disappeared again by this morning. Did you get any ideas about we can fix this?
No Events found!