Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2010 08:00

Inspirion 1501 OS - Reload Wireless Issue - Network Controller NO driver...

I recently reloaded my OS (Win XP) to my laptop, followed the list for correct order to install the drivers. Still no wireless card.
Which I still haven't had anyone confirm that you really have to reload in a particular order, seems corny to me... but did it anyway.

I read forum after forum as to why my wireless card wouldn't work, tried several different drivers according to Dell and my service tag.

This was HUGELY frustrating!!!! I've decided to post this for others facing the same problem, as tons posted and had great suggestions but if you're like me, you still couldn't find the correct driver.

I went to my account and looked up devices installed, this is the wireless card I'm referencing.

Card, Wireless, Minicard, DW1395 4312BG.

If this is your card and you still can't get the driver to load... Go to your device manager, delete your network controller with the yellow question mark on it,
download the below driver and run it. This will install your wireless..

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R193564&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=266871

Oh and NO thanks to Dell for completely dropping the ball on this fiasco! Props to 'Joshy' for finally providing the link.

- Dean

No Responses!
No Events found!