Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2017 03:00

Inspiron 15 5579 2-in-1 Wifi upload timeouts

Hi,

I bought this at the end of November and things have been going ok until I need to do uploads over my wifi which result in a timeout and loss of internet connection consistently.  My internet is not the problem as I have run multiple speed tests on all my devices and the inspiron is the only one that can't cope with the upload (the test never completes).  I've installed the latest wifi driver and set the settings to maximum performance and not to send the wifi driver to sleep.  None work - looking on the forums others seem to be having this problem as well.  There are a large number of Event 17 WHEA-LOGGER warnings as well (A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)) that keep appearing but not in sync with this issue. How do I solve this as this is deeply frustrating as well as rendering my use of the laptop useless.

Thanks

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 05:00

Hi.  A dell employee helped me with this over christmas.  The solution was to turn off SmartByte which was on by default.  Switching this off has stopped the warning message and the upload over wifi work fine.  

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 03:00

Hi jwalls89,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post doesn't indicate what happens when connected to the ethernet cable.  Please try that and post back.  Thanks.

Here is some information you may find helpful.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 03:00

Thanks for posting your solution!

Regards,

Robert

No Events found!