Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2013 14:00

Inspiron 17 3721 wireless driver needed

I've recently been given a new Inspiron 17 3721 with Windows 8 to add to our fleet of computers at work and need to downgrade to Windows 7. I can't seem to get any of the Dell drovers from the download section to  work. Many of them state upon trying to install the following - 'This self-extracting zip file is part of a multidisk zip file. Please insert the last disk of the set.' How do I get around this issue if in fact I'm even trying to use the correct driver(s). mt Service Code is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> if it helps get this right.

Violentlee

1.5K Posts

August 6th, 2013 12:00

Hi Violentlee,

Thank you for the information. I regret for the inconvenience. Here’s the correct link to update the chipset drivers: http://dell.to/13DotOz.

You may install the latest wireless drivers from the link: http://dell.to/1eqhBFG.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.  

1.5K Posts

July 30th, 2013 15:00

Hi Violentlee,

Please elaborate the issue you are facing. Have you already downgraded the system to Windows 7? Is it a 64 bit version or a 32 bit version of window? Dell has not tested the system with Windows 7 x32. However, 64 bit version is tested and should work fine. Are you trying to install the drivers from the drivers disk or from Dell Support website?

Please remove the service tag from public view for security reasons.

Keep me updated with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

6 Posts

July 31st, 2013 06:00

This system came with Win8 and I downgraded it to Win7 already. This is a 64 bit system. Since I've downgraded, I don't have a drivers disk, therefore I'm pulling files from Dell's website.

I've actually had a couple of the other drivers that I wanted to install give me the same 'This self-extracting zip file is part of a multidisk zip file. Please insert the last disk of the set.' error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Violentlee

1.5K Posts

July 31st, 2013 18:00

Hi Violentlee,

Please paste the screenshot of ‘Device Manger’ with ‘Other Devices’ expended. you may follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’
  • Click > sign next to ‘Other Devices’

You may also share any drivers with yellow exclamation, question mark or red X.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

6 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 07:00

Amogh- as requested-

The ethernet connection is working fine. I just need to get the wireless up now.

Thanks - Violentlee

6 Posts

August 5th, 2013 13:00

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

;-)

Violentlee

1.5K Posts

August 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi Violentlee,

Please share the Device ID of the Network Controller. You may follow the instructions mentioned below to get the Device ID:

• In ‘Device Manager’, right click ‘Network Controller’.
  • Click ‘Properties’.
  • Click ‘Details’.
  • Search for ‘Device Instance ID’.
  • Provide the numbers after VEN and DEV.

You may update the chipset drivers from the link; http://dell.to/19597Xz.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.

6 Posts

August 6th, 2013 06:00

This is the 'Hardware ID'

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

And the link you provided took me to a page titled 'How to upgrade to Windows 8'...

Violentlee

6 Posts

August 7th, 2013 07:00

Ok, so the second link did get the wireless working. The first link got me a downloadable file that still insists on thinking there are other parts to it as it too throws up a window stating 'This self-extracting zip file is part of a multidisk zip file. Please insert the last disk of the set.'

Thanks for the help!

Violentlee

1.5K Posts

August 7th, 2013 18:00

Hi Violentlee,

Thank you for the response. I am glad the wireless driver is installed and it is working fine now. Please ensure there is no driver in ‘Device Manager’ with any yellow exclamation mark or question mark or red X.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you.  

1 Message

October 12th, 2015 10:00

ayazkhan

No Events found!