Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2012 09:00

Inspiron 2200 Intel ProSet/Wireless "Driver not Installed"...

Hello everyone, I hope someone in here can help me...

I wiped out a Dell Inspiron 2200 and re-installed Windows XP Pro SP3 on it.  Everything seemed to work fine until I try re-installing the Wireless Driver.  The dell support website pointed me to the Intel PorSet/Wireless 11.1.0.30, which I downloaded and installed successfully, with the only problem.... It does not work.
When I open the utility it pops a message saying that the "Driver is not installed", and no signals show or anything.
When I go to the device manager, the OTHER DEVICES shows a "network controller" with the yellow question mark, but when I connect to the internet (via ethernet cable) to update the driver, windows can't find nothing out there to solve the issue.
 I've been reading online about the same problem with different computer models, etc, but none of the solutions fit my case.

PLEASEEEEEEE!!!  HELP!!!!!!!!!

September 25th, 2012 11:00

Hi,

It appears that the driver installed for Wireless is incorrect. The network driver that you installed may work only for the Ethernet card. This laptop was shipped with multiple wireless cards. To assist you with the correct wireless driver, I need more information about the laptop.

I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag' and 'Account Holder's' name. Let me check the wireless adapter that was shipped with your laptop. I will suggest you with the correct driver for installation. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

September 25th, 2012 13:00

I was obviously downloading the wrong driver since Inspiron 2200 do not use Intel ProSet/Wireless as the support page indicates.

I finally find what version of WAN card I have and downloaded the right driver for it.

Thanks for your help anyways!

DR

1 Message

October 16th, 2012 01:00

Hello, I am having the exact same problem here with a 2200 trhat I am trying to do a reinstal on.  Can you please list the wireless driver you founbd for yours as the intel does not work for me either.

TIA!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 25th, 2012 00:00

Hi monroe002,

To provide the appropriate driver for the wireless card in Inspiron 2200, we will have to check the system hardware specifications.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N ’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2012 12:00

Hi.      I'am having the same problem with my 2200,  could you please help me out also with the req driver....          Thank you.

November 23rd, 2012 22:00

Hi Tobruck,

Inspiron 2200 laptop could have been shipped with various possible wireless cards. To suggest you a suitable wireless driver for installation, I need to know your computer's hardware specifications.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on 'Friends' tab at the top and then click on 'Request to Review' and finally click on 'Accept' button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on 'Inbox' to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. Also share the operating system installed in the laptop.

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

November 27th, 2012 00:00

Hi Tobruck,

Your laptop was shipped with 'Dell Wireless 1370'. Please find the following link to download and install the driver for wireless card: http://dell.to/SmWEnM
Hope this helps. do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

2 Posts

November 28th, 2012 09:00

Thanks for your help, its up and working.

December 1st, 2012 01:00

Hi Tobruck,

Glad that the issue is fixed. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

1 Message

February 17th, 2013 15:00

Hi there,i have the same problem with my inspiron 2200 wireless card.Could you please help me?My service tag is .Thank you

February 18th, 2013 06:00

Dell lists the driver for the card that was the latest one installed on those machines, but that is not necessarily the card that you have in yours.

What I did was, I typed the S. TAG number into the drivers page (www.dell.com/.../555) and check for the tab that has the SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, make sure you are looking at the ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION option and (CARD (CIRCUIT)..., WIRELESS..., MINI PCI CARD..., 1370, BROADCOM CORPORATION...) should be the card that was originally installed with the system from the factory.

Hope this can help.

Thanks!

February 18th, 2013 08:00

Hi gmakrakis,

Your 'Inspiron 2200' was built with 'Dell Wireless 1370 WLAN Adapter'. You may try installing the 'wireless drivers' using the following link (Compatible to Windows XP): http://dell.to/XIT6us 

Hope this helps. Do reply if yo have any further questions; would be glad to assist.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

1 Message

April 6th, 2013 20:00

I'm having the same problem as all the above people. Can u help me out to install correct driver for my dell inspiron 2200 laptop?

1.8K Posts

April 8th, 2013 00:00

Hi Neurotics,

In order to install correct driver for your wireless card, you would need to check the wireless card installed on your computer. You can check the wireless card installed on your computer from the 'Device Manager'. Another way is to check the wireless card shipped with your computer from system configuration webpage, under 'Original system configuration' Tab. You can click on the link: http://dell.to/137Ex95  

If you are not able to find the wireless card of your computer. You may send me the system information via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation).

Awaiting your response. 

1 Message

October 12th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

My dell 2200 same issue, pls support.

Model: Inspiron 2200

Bios: Version 1.10 A05

Intel Celeron 1.4Ghz

Ram 512 Mb

Thank you.

No Events found!