jumprun3
2 Iron

Inspiron 580 needs Ethernet Controller Driver

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. 

I can connect to the Internet via WiFi but if I connect an Ethernet cable from my modem to the desktop nothing happens.  When I ran a diagnostic tune up program from AVG it said I need a driver for my Ethernet Controller.  If I check CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM shows same thing: an orange alert where the controller driver should be.  

I couldn't find one to download for this 580 anywhere.  The guy at Dell Tech Support says they no longer have drivers for this computer since it's 9 years old.  **bleep**????

Anyone know where I might find a downloadable driver for my Ethernet Controller?  

If I can find someone who still has a 580 using 64 bit Windows 7, would it be possible to copy their driver and install it on my computer?  What would the file name be for that driver?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Inspiron 580 needs Ethernet Controller Driver

jumprun3,

You can click the link below to download network drivers for the Inspiron 580.

Inspiron 580 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Highlighted
jumprun3
2 Iron

"You can click the link below to download network drivers for the Inspiron 580.

Inspiron 580 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals"

No, unfortunately you can't.  I've been to that web page a dozen times; they don't have the Ethernet Controller driver.  And when I called Tech Support they told me they no longer have the driver because the 580 computer is 9 years old.  
Highlighted

jumprun3,

The computers ethernet controller is the Broadcom BCM57788. The link below is to download the driver. 

Broadcom BCM57788 LOM, v.12.4.0.3, A01
Inspiron Desktop 580/580s LOM Driver