Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2009 01:00

Inspiron mini 1010 (10v) ip gateway ping test failed

Greetings Cyberworld!

My gateway IP ping failed for the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility version A24.  I use a Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN Mini-Card Rev. 4.02 with a chipset at BCM 432b / BCM 32056000.  My MAC address is 00:26:5E:1B:77:6A.  I use software version 5.10.79.7 with the same driver and supplicant versions.

The radio, association, authentication, and local IP address connection diagnostic tests passed.  When it arrives at the gateway IP ping test, it fails, then skips the rest of the diagnostic tests, like the internet IP ping, the DNS IP ping, and the internet website domain name ping.

For reference: Windows XP OS.  I am a student that uses many various networks daily.  In use currently is an Actiontec DSL modem with wireless gateway by Qwest and a Netgear 54 Mbps wireless router WGR614 v7. 

Currently, my wireless reads as the following: SSID: (ACTIONTEC), Speed: 54 Mbps, Signal: Excellent, Status: Connected, and Address: 196.254.209.32.  Yet, I cannot get onto the net through it.  My browser is Mozilla Firefox, by the way, if that makes a difference.

So in summary: I don't have a gateway IP address or a client IPv6 address, but I do have a client MAC IP address and a client IP address.  I hope I haven't left out any details for anybody.

The wireless router/AP for your network is either unavailable, not working, or is disconnected. You will not be able to connect to the Internet, although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless router/AP installer for assistance.

Customer Support:
            www.support.dell.com

Thank you very much!

Kevinbell4

2 Posts

October 26th, 2009 11:00

Hey!

So I've disconnected everything from the wall outlet at the same time to see if that helped: nothing.  Now what?

Thanks all ya'll!

Kevin Bell

2 Posts

November 7th, 2009 01:00

Hi Kevin,

I just bought last 1st November a mini 1011 netbook, The first date it worked normally via wireless but then it stops. It does exactly like yours, it connects but i dont have a gateway ip. let me know if you figured it out. By, the way, it connects to the internet while it's plugged. Just the wireless is not working which is why I bought a netbook :(

1 Message

March 30th, 2010 15:00

I also have bought a mini 1011 & can't connect to my home wireless router/network either - no IP Gateway address - it seems from what i've read that you need to buy the WLAN Adapter for £39 - where i can't understand how to install it (not really a computer whiz) or get a USB modem/dongle (which I did for my temporary purposes & it worked - as long as you buy a dongle per country & find a way to unlock it to purchase different broadband SIM network cards for the different areas you might be in!).  Not a good start - & surprised with Dell for leaving me like that.  Frustrating that i couldn't chat with a technician - go home after 6 & no overseas cover/call centres available!? 

No Events found!