Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2013 20:00

Intel 7260 wifi drivers and Dell E5530

Does Dell E5530 Windows 7 supports Intel 7260 N AC wifi cards? If yes. Can I use Intel driver driver or there is one from dell? I download one, but when trying to install it I get "System ID is invalid, install is blocked" or somethig like that.

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

September 11th, 2013 23:00

Hi lepa71,

The Intel 7260 Wi-Fi card has not been tested with the Dell E5530 system and the drivers for the same are not available along with the other downloads for this system model.

The card is being shipped on a few other system models; however the driver’s available on the Dell support website for the Intel 7260 card are compatible with Windows 8 64 Bit operating system.

You may try to install the same in compatibility mode.

Also, you may refer to the link below to download and install the compatible drivers.

The link is http://dell.to/19JNcBm

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

30 Posts

What do you mean "in compatibility mode"?

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

Hi lepa71,

To install a driver in compatibility mode, you may follow the steps below.

• Download and save the driver installation file on the desktop screen.
  • Right click the file and click ‘Properties/Compatibility Tab’.
  • In the ‘Compatibility Tab’, chose the operating system under ‘Compatibility Mode’ and click ‘Apply/Ok’.
  • Once done, right click the file again and select ‘Run as Administrator’ to install the driver.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

30 Posts

September 12th, 2013 08:00

I'm running windows 7. Do you think I should just down load drivers from intel site for my card? They do have drivers for windows 7. Another question. My system is non vPro. Does it make any difference?

This is the drivers I was trying to load http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=3PXP7, but it tells me that system id is wrong.

2 Intern

• 

621 Posts

September 13th, 2013 05:00

Hi LeoG,

Yes, you may download and install the drivers from the Intel website link provided in the earlier post.

The link from which you are trying to install the driver is for windows 8 64 bit drivers and not windows 7.

To install the driver from the link you have provided, you may install it in compatibility mode.

Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

No Events found!