7- Thorium

Re: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 issues with Dell XPS 12 (Windows 8 Pro, "Disconnects / Media Disconnected")

Jump to solution

Intel has new drivers, having mixed reviews. The good reviews, people are getting nice results, the bad ones, still have sporadic connections.

If you decide to try them, create a system restore point first.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Highlighted
zakd
1 Copper

Re: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 issues with Dell XPS 12 (Windows 8 Pro, "Disconnects / Media Disconnected")

Jump to solution

It is June 2013 and I'm still having the same issue with my XPS. the wifi connection just not responding until I reconnect.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

zakd,

Did you download the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 drivers and save them to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager, network adapters, right click on Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the drivers and software.

Restart your computer.

When you log back in, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter, but fail. Install the Intel 6235 drivers saved to your desktop.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
zakd
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Did the steps

1. Uninstalling the driver and restarting will successfully reinstall the driver

2. running the wifi setup pops a message saying that it can run only via an Intel ProSet setup and quits

3. I uninstalled Intel ProSet from the system

4. The Driver in the device manager was from 5/12/2011 version 14.8.8.75

5. I updated the driver from the extracted files of the downloaded driver dated 8/22/2012 version 15.3.0.16

feels like back to step 1

Can I just return this laptop ?

0 Kudos
zakd
1 Copper

Jump to solution

update: I downloaded a newer driver from intel, from 4/25/2013 version 15.8.0.5

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

zakd,

It seems the newer drivers and Windows 8 sometimes have more connection problems. You may have to use the older drivers to have a more stable connection.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
nayyarafzal
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dell hS released new driver on 3 june.Please try and let us know the result

0 Kudos
zakd
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The enclosed driver to the new update is an old version 15.6.1.6 from 2/21/2013.

the driver I got from intel is version 15.8.0.5 from 4/25/2013

0 Kudos
nik098
1 Copper

RE: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 issues with Dell XPS 12 (Windows 8 Pro, "Disconnects / Media Disconnected")

Jump to solution

Did it work?

0 Kudos