Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2006 15:00

Intel ProSet 10.5.0.1 OK?

The latest version on their website is 10.5.0.1. Does this version fix the memory leak previously reported or should I wait for a later version?

September 25th, 2006 17:00

u still needs to wait buddy this verzon of the intell do leak  memory.

wait till fruit ripes.

8 Posts

September 25th, 2006 23:00

Latest version  from Dell's Download and driver site has a 9/16 release date and fixes the memory leak

1 Message

I haven't seen any other comments yet but installing the updated sw completely trashed my wireless connection.  I have had to unload it 3 times and am finally reduced to using the Windows connection tool.  The Intel log indicated that it was not finding my adapter even though Device Manager was showing the adapter as functioning correctly.

8 Posts

I had all sort of conflicts with Intel Proset wireless. After reading these boards it seems the software is buggy and even new drivers improve one thing and make something else worse. I finally right clicked my intel tray icon and selected let windows manage wifi and everything has been working well since. I will forget about proset for now.

52 Posts

September 26th, 2006 06:00

No -- its not OK. Installed it and like other posters -- says that No Supported Wireless Adapters Available in the System. The driver may be OK -- but it looks like you need to resort to using Windows to manage your wireless network(s). s having to set everything up again.

52 Posts

September 26th, 2006 13:00

OK - Found a solution that seems to work - if you have the old version of the driver and software available. I believe its an issue with the proset software -- not the driver.

Extract the old version of the software and drivers (R129985)-- if it already isn't extracted -- but DON'T install it.

Go to the directory where you extracted the file and locate the IA32 subdirectory. The path is as follows if you didn't change it

C:\dell\drivers\R129985\XP\Apps\IA32

Double click on the exe file and let it do its thing -- You'll see that the driver version is the current one if you check its properties - but the software version is the old one.

Regards --

19 Posts

September 26th, 2006 14:00

I think I read in another thread on the forum that the older version of the ProSet software had a problem with security which is why they came up with the current version.

7.9K Posts

September 26th, 2006 17:00

Unless you specifically need ProSet, why bother?

19 Posts

September 26th, 2006 18:00

It's not so much that I need it. The Windows utility works OK although I have had instances of the connection dropping out even though I'm only 10 feet from the wireless router and then it takes multiple attempts to get connected again. I'm curious if ProSet provides anything new or better that might help.
No Events found!