Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 16th, 2018 14:00

Intel Proset wireless connected to network/internet - yes but cannot reach any website, i.e. www.goo

So the title says it all.  I know its something in my settings somewhere.

I have the Dell Precision M4600 laptop with the Intel Centrino Ultimate N 6300 AGN wireless adapter.

I have the same symptoms on my home network and on my office network. 

I have not changed anything myself, this used to work.  However, I do not rule out any updates that were pushed to my system.  I do have to delete restore points at times because they fill up my disk, so any restore point that was of the old configuration is now gone.

Skype for some odd reason seems to work on my wireless.

Signal strengths are excellent, and at home I sat inches from the router so I know its not distance nor interference.

ipconfig gives me an ipv4 address.  I have flushed the dns, released and renewed, as well as uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers.  No change.

Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 16th, 2018 15:00

depr,

I did not see what operating system you have installed.

Did you try rebooting the wireless router and motem (if any)?

What connection are you using, the 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz?

Try any drivers from Intel Download Center?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

depr,

Did you try channels 1, 6 or 11? I prefer channel 11. Most wireless devices work best on these channels.

Did you try resetting your winsock?

Click, Accessories, right click on command prompt, left click Run as administrator. Type

netsh winsock reset

Hit enter. Restart your computer

Rick

6 Posts

I tried netsh winsock reset earlier, no help.

I did not try different channels, I will do that and then report back.

6 Posts

Windows 7 64 bit.

My home router and modem, yes I rebooted those as well.  I can't do that with the wireless router at work :)

At home i'm using both 2.4 and 5, both exhibit the same symptoms.  At work, unsure.

Since the same exact thing happens at home and work, the laptop is the only central item involved.  So it has to be something in the adapter settings or the OS itself.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 17th, 2018 07:00

depr,

Try going to device manager and rollback the driver?

You said Skype connects, did you try a different browser? Make sure your current browser is online. Should be listed under file.

Rick

6 Posts

January 17th, 2018 07:00

So I tried changing the channels to 6 and 11, and no difference.

I added full logging to the wireless event viewer and it was very helpful with the following Profile errors.

"An unexpected error occurred!"

"One or more given parameters are invalid!"

No Events found!