Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2012 10:00

Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN Not connecting

Hello

I have a Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN wireless card that isn't working properly. It will connect at first, then the connection is dropped. This started happening gradually, then became more and more frequent. I tried reformatting my computer, and this still is happening. When I use a wireless USB adapter, the computer has no problems using the wifi. I'm pretty confident that my network card has failed/is failing/might have short circuited somewhere, but does anyone else have any ideas?

I called dell about it, because I have the extended complete care warranty. However, they insisted that it's a software problem and that I have to pay $100 to get it fixed. If I pay them the money to fix "the software problem" and that doesn't work and they determine that it's a hardware problem, will they refund me the money I paid for their software warranty?

Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 20th, 2012 11:00

Loki7791,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

I used these tweaks...

Intel ~ Recommended settings for 802.11n connectivity

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

I went to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

No Events found!