Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2012 17:00

Intel Wireless Link 5300 agn giving install code 10 error on XPS m1530 vista home premium

Hi- I thought after trying to install latest and old Intel drivers from Intel site....I still get code 10 error so I thought of asking this forum. Any way I can fix this issue?? I have tried Intel tools and latest drivers ( w/  and w/o pro wireless utility) but cannot pass thru code 10 error. Tried uninstall and install....as earlier card 4965 agn worked fine but seems like some conflict is stopping successful 5300 agn driver install. HELP PLEASE? Thanks in addvance! :)

12 Posts

April 12th, 2012 14:00

Hi Rick -- Thanks for responding.

I found this on microsoft site regarding settings.ini : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947595 and even suggests to ignore the problem..which is strange that sfc cannot even fix its own microsoft tool. 

I actually did some more research and tried to resolve audio issue by reinstalling HD audio driver but sadly didn't help.. but I assume that since its sound related, it should not conflict with Hardware - network adapter... I assume this problem originated from me installing compatible audio driver few yrs ago to get stereo mix option which was missing from dell or it could be other player install. But player devices are working fine even with sfc conflict issue.

In regards to tcpmon.ini, I am not sure but it seems I may have to try uninstall my network printer devices and reinstall dell network printer..first two option researches exhausted me..I will try it though as I do see print documents not getting updated in printer box even after printing.

I guess my choices are limited for now...I still have to reinstall 5300 card again and see if something changed to let it get installed. I will let you know :)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2012 16:00

glen01,

The Audio drivers, maybe someone can help you in the Dell Laptop Audio Forum.

You did get a reply at Intel's website about the drivers for this adapter.

Which Dell or other network printers are you using?

Rick

12 Posts

April 23rd, 2012 18:00

Hi Rick- Thanks for responding again.

I reverted back to 4965 agn for now but will try again to install 5300 agn again as I exhausted all options earlier to install the compatible intel drivers.

The high definition audio driver I am using for now is by Microsoft High def. 6.0.6002.18005 ..maybe I should search in Audio forum to find latest drivers for m1530 xps...last time I looked, I was not able to find any sound vista drivers with stereo mix option.

The Dell printer is Laser MFP 1600n PS

I haven't gone towards the path to reinstall vista as it will take me ages to install all other supplementary software apps. installed over it..maybe I should install windows 7 64 if nothing works in near future.

As always, I appreciate your response. Hope you are doing well. :)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 24th, 2012 08:00

glen01,

Make a system restore point.

Maybe try to uninstall the printer and then try installing the adapter. That's a tough call.

If you decide to install Windows 7 the drivers order is important.

I made this up for people that were installing Windows 7 and having issues. It may not work for everything but for most items.

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 30th, 2012 10:00

glen01,

When you get time. can you install each adapter card abd run an ipconfig /all for each. I would like to compare the logs. I saw something with another adapter and wondered if there may be a similar issue.

You are not using Mac Address filtering, correct?

Rick

30 Posts

September 7th, 2013 16:00

Hi 

I have the same issue. I even installed ubuntu 13.04 and it recognizes the card and works fine. Did anybody be able to resolve this? I'm running Windows XP on D630.

Thanks

No Events found!