Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 22nd, 2009 20:00

Intel Wireless device cannot start

I have a XPS M1710 with an Intel 3945ABG Wireless Lan Controller. A couple of years ago, I purchased a bluetooth dongle, and at one point, removed the dongle without turning  off the bluetooth software. At that point, my wireless stopped working. Since then, I have tried everything. I uninstalled bluetooth, uninstalled the intel driver, reinstalled the intel driver, got drivers both from intel and microsoft. I finally gave up and bought a usb wireless adapter.  A year ago, I upgraded my computer to Vista. Vista recognizes the device at 'Network Controller,' and again, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling every driver I could find for 3945abg wireless. Tonight I even tried turning off my computer, taking the minicard out, putting it back in, and reinstalling the driver. The computer still identifies it as an unknown 'network controller,' and on the rare occassions I've been able to make the computer recognize the right driver, I've gotten error code 10, 'device cannot start.' At this point I'm willing to try almost anything. Could the card itself be broken somehow? If getting a new mini card will fix it, I'll get a new one, but if this is just a software problem, I'd like to know how to fix it. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

7 Posts

February 22nd, 2009 21:00

Well Sir there is a possibility that the wireless card may somehow be affected or have been damaged, I would suggest not to buy another internal wireless card unless you certain that the problem occur on the wireless card alone,  oneway to test is to try to look for someone you know a friend, or an officemates maybe who also using the same model of laptop or any Dell laptops who is using the same specifications as your wireless lan card, try to install  your wireless card onto it, if it works then the problem could be on your motherboard.

No Events found!