Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2013 13:00

Internet Explorer error

Hi all

I'm trying to get into a website to download some tickets for a cruise and get the following message that stops me getting in:

Cannot find validation summary element "FormValidationSummary". Make sure you've put an element with this ID into your HTML document.

I'm using a new Inspiron laptop running Windows 8 and, I think, ie9.  Any ideas how I can resolve this please?

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

January 27th, 2013 18:00

Hi kj_fisher,

Try an IE (Internet explorer) Reset/browser reset and check if the web is accessible.

This Reset varies between browsers to browser.

• Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer.
  • If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click StartCollapse this imageExpand this image. Type the following command in the Search box, and then press Enter: inetcpl.cpl
  • The Internet Options dialog box appears.
  • Click the Advanced tab.
  • Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.
  • Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  • Start Internet Explorer again.

Also, run MS fixit on the computer from the below mentioned link:

http://bit.ly/RQbUHT

Please reply if you have any further questions.

No Events found!