Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2009 14:00

Internet connection failure...

Hey everyone,

Well basically I am having some complications with my internet connection from time to time. Well what happens is the connection briefly drops from time to time but it picks right back up. The drop seems to be no more than a couple seconds each time yet tends to be annoying. I talked to my ISP and they confirmed that the issue wasn't from the actual internet signal to the modem rather from the modem to my pc. I do have a wireless router though my pc is connected through the router using ethernet. Also, the issue persisted prior to the installation of the router and remained unchanged even after the installation so i ruled the router out as a possible culprit. I installed a new network adapter about a week ago yet the problem still persists. A few things that I notice occur from time to time is my AIM away window will just pop up out of nowhere. Also to show how fast the connection drop and reconnect is, when chatting on AIM I will sometimes not recieve a message from the person I am chatting with but it is only one message and the connection is fine again. It isnt a long enough disconnect to disconnect and reconnect AIM either. The most annoying part is when downloading a file and it pauses in the middle due to the drop and I have to restart it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my issue might be. BTW I am running Vista H.P. and using cable modem from ISP. Thanks..

No Responses!
No Events found!