Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2013 15:00

Internet showing but not working

My Internet on my dell n5050 laptop isn't working. It's showing on there but when I try to connect to the Internet it says 'windows was unable to connect to bthub.... It detects all other networks and I assume they all work. My iPod touch etc work with the same Internet so I don't think it is bt. I've had my laptop since about December and it has worked fine since. The problems started a few days ago after an update which stopped the Internet working (and the only thing it did was change my ie to ie 10). I have windows 7 and I think it is on win£.

1.5K Posts

July 16th, 2013 16:00

Hi fusty,

You may restore the system back to a previous date using system restore. Please refer to the link: http://bit.ly/yNxo6m.

Please share the screenshot of ‘Device Manager’ with ‘Network Adapters’ expended. You may follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’
  • Click > sign next to ‘Network adapters’

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

3 Posts

July 17th, 2013 02:00

I have tried system restore but the laptop says it does not finish. I will try and get the screenshot later today.

1.5K Posts

July 17th, 2013 16:00

Hi fusty,

Thank you for the response. You may check if the system is able to connect in ‘Safe Mode with Networking’

• Restart or Power on the system.
  • Tap at dell logo until ‘Advanced Boot Options’ appear.
  • Choose ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ and hit ‘Enter’.

Keep me posted. I will be glad to assist further.

3 Posts

July 18th, 2013 02:00

I have managed to fix it (with a combination of pressing a variety of keys and help from the Internet). Thanks for your help!

1.5K Posts

July 19th, 2013 18:00

Hi fusty,

Thank you for the response. I am glad to know the issue has been resolved.

Please feel free to reply for any other questions. I will be glad to assist further.

No Events found!