Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2016 13:00

Ispiron 15z WiFi Problem

I cannot connect to any wireless network. Everytime i try to turn on WiFi it turns on for a second (green progress circle turning) then it turns back off. Any help would be very appreciated.

1.8K Posts

February 12th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

If you can give us a bit more information I'll be happy to try to help.  What operating system are you running on that Inspiron 15z?   Which wireless card is installed and what version of the driver is it currently using?

Have you checked the wireless card to physically confirm the antennas are all connected and the card is fully seated into the system?    Is this something that recently started happening or have you been seeing your connection deteriorate over time?

Here is a link to the Dell Networking & Wireless Support Center. And here is a link to the Dell support home pages.  You can find some good troubleshooting steps in the Networking support center that you may want to try.  And on the Dell support pages you can key in your Dell Service Tag to pull up the support manuals for your system, which you can use to see how to reseat the wireless card in your laptop to see if that helps resolve the problem.  

To better help me troubleshoot this problem please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your Inspiron 15z.  Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here in this public thread so that others, with the same questions, can see what is discussed to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Todd

2 Posts

February 14th, 2016 15:00

I am having the same issue. It says I am connected but loading pages, watching shows on Netflix has been brutal for me. I have Windows 10. 

2 Posts

February 14th, 2016 15:00

Hi Todd, 

I seem to be having the same issue...although with me I am already connected to my home wireless network...the quality of the Wifi is really bad, as in slow, can't open pages, takes time to load, my Netflix movie quality drops to 240...I am the only one in my household with this problem. I don't have a strong background in anything tech oriented, so if you could explain it to me in simple terms, I would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks,

1.8K Posts

February 15th, 2016 09:00

Hi Ms_Bee03,

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with that system.  If you're able to connect wirelessly do you see the connection / speed issues only on certain pages or is it all pages?   Which internet browser are you using to pull up webpages or watch Netflix through?

Here are a few online support links you might want to look at:

Resolving Connection Issues on Your Wi-Fi Network for Windows 10

Wireless Networking for the Home for Windows 10

Dell Networking & Wireless Support Center

Most of those links are going to first suggest that you update the driver for your wireless card, and they explain how to do that.   I would also recommend you update the firmware on the wireless router you connect to.   Wireless communication is a two-way street and both the wireless card and the wireless router/modem you're connecting to need the latest software updates to work, especially with the release of Windows 10.   

Can you tell me what wireless card you have in the system?  Intel?  Dell?  And model number?   And the wireless modem/router you're connecting to, do you know the brand and model of that as well?

To make it a bit easier for me to troubleshoot this issue please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message (one of the options when you right click) with the Dell Service Tag of your system.  That will enable me to pull up the sales order and see what components you have in your laptop. Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here on this forum so that others can see what we discuss as we resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Todd

No Events found!