Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2009 16:00

Keep getting kicked off line.

Good evening all. my wife and I have the same computers. Both are about 5 1/2 yrs old. They are a Dimension 2400's. She runs Win XP with IE6. I run Win XP Pro & Win 7 RC1 with IE8. We are both running thru a router. My will be on the computer checking her email and doing her surveys. She does this every day and night. With no warning it will kick her off the internet. I have run Registery Mechanic, I have uninstalled CA suite and installed McAfee suite. This did not make any difference. I do not know what to check thus I am posting to see if I can get some input as to why this is happening and what can I do to stop this. My computer does not do it. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Doug

366 Posts

May 17th, 2009 08:00

Doug, firstly can you let us know if your wife is using wi-fi or ethernet when she loses connection, and how long has it been happening.  When does your wife lose the connection, any time of day or night or evenings only.  If at the same time is something being switched on, either in your house or outside. Could you ask her to try safe mode via ethernet and wi-fi to see if it happens there.  Could you ask your wife to do this: go to a command prompt, and type ipconfig /all, using both wifi and ethernet as we do not yet know which she is using when she is kicked off the net. Then post the result here.

No Events found!