Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2012 13:00

Laptop not recognizing any networks

For the past week, my computer wouldnt connect to a wifi network and my computer would crash. The only way I figured out a way to fix this was to create a new user account, which was working for a little bit. But a few times my Internet would crash and my computer would freeze. Now, my laptop won't even recognize networks, if I'm 4 feet from my wifi router. I have restarted my laptop numerous times, taken out the battery, and not used it for a day, nothing will make the networks come on again. Not one is showing, I have clicked on all the troubleshoot things and it cannot find the problem. It's not just mine because I can't do it at friends houses either. My Itouch and sister's laptop are both connecting to the Internet fine. Please help?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2012 13:00

chloecakes14,

Power off the ISP modem/router and the wireless router(if any) wait 30 seconds, then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart your computer. What happens?

Hit the Windows Key and the R keys at the same time. Type

systeminfo.txt

REMOVE THE PRODUCT ID and post the rest of the information back here. (Preferred)

or an ipconfig /all log and maybe it will reveal something.

Rick

No Events found!