Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2008 16:00

Limited or no connectivity

i have a dell d600 lap top xp pro operating system. Last week i got a virus and cleaned it using webroot. After i removed the virus i did a repair using the dell disks. When i connect i get A error message limited or no connectivity. the desktop connects the other 2 laptops connect no problem. i have done the IP config/release and then IP renew it comes up as media disconnected unable to contact dhcp server. i have been on contact with my ISP and there is no problem with the router or modem and all the other computers connection anyone help In the control panel it shows Booth adapters as working. i tried up dating the drivers form the web sit e and it got worse so i returned it to an earlier date.

887 Posts

August 31st, 2008 17:00

what about a wired connection?

are you running a software firewall? 

very possible that malware removal may have damaged your winsock...

11 Posts

August 31st, 2008 23:00

it would not connect wired or wireless. i dropped thr firewall and it still has limited conectivity . there is a statement that i am missing m3msg.dll. no clue what that is and can not find any information on it. Any ideas

Thank you fopr your time

887 Posts

August 31st, 2008 23:00

you have malware reminants... 

run a hijackthis and post in HJT forum

24 Posts

September 1st, 2008 02:00

Make sure you have cleared virus by using antivirus software with latest signature.. After that, try to connect again. If still the same issue, then you can give this winsockfix a try..
No Events found!