Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2013 17:00

Missing Network Driver on Newly Installed Windows 7

Hello, I just obtained a dell inspiron zino HD computer which was already running windows 7. The initial hardware was already running windows 7 but the previous owner had children that downloaded a lot of games and accumulated a lot of viruses. Im cheap so instead of paying for virus-ware i ran the windows 7 re-installation to my hard drive (which i have done before). Now though, the network, and im assuming the rest of the drivers have not been installed and I'm running windows 7 base programming. im at a loss as where to go because the drivers disk that came with it requires internet to operate the setup wizard. The message says my network addaptar doesn't have a driver to run the program and the straight connect from the modem will not load either. my router also came with an instillation disk but will not run unless its connected. I tried downloading all the drivers straight from dell off another computer, but non of them could be recognized. I need help!!!!!!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2013 02:00

Justus Clark,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

No Events found!