Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2011 20:00

My WiFi ISN'T Working!! Help?!?

Help!!

Several months ago, I had a "friend" load Windows XP onto my Dell Inspiron 1501 (this computer was configured for Vista, but I prefer XP).

Well, I now have two issues: 1) I cannot connect to the internet, no way, no how, and 2) my computer no longer has sounds (it still makes sounds, but I have no volume control or anything). Help!?!? :emotion-42:

Shawn 

• 

17K Posts

August 17th, 2011 06:00

webgrrlie,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You will need to install Windows XP drivers into your system for the hardware to work properly. You can download XP drivers for your system below.

Inspiron 1501 Windows XP Drivers

4 Posts

August 17th, 2011 08:00

Jesse - I only use Google Chrome, and the Download Manager does not work!!! :emotion-12:

4 Posts

August 17th, 2011 11:00

Internet Explorer is NOT an option for me. Believe me, I already tried. :emotion-12:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

webgrrlie,

Dell's website is not very browser friendly.If you use Mozilla Firefox and use an add-on, like ie tab plus, you can download the drivers that way. You still need to delete all Dell cookies (or clear all your browser cache).

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

webgrrlie,

Try reading...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager and then use Internet Explorer to download the drivers, in your browser.

Rick

No Events found!